Hello awesome people!
I figured that I’d take a break from all the make-up reviewing, and stop for a moment to show you guys the products that I have been using to take my makeup off instead. All that grimy makeup has to be washed off at the end of the day, remember? 🙂 Please don’t ever go to bed with makeup on, you’ll just be wasting all the hard work put into your skin care regime. The spots, white heads & blackheads are just not worth it.
Just to share with you guys, my cleansing routine usually goes something along the lines of this:
- If I’m strapped for time, (which is almost all the time tbh) I use a cotton pad together with a makeup remover, and wipe off all my makeup. Then I proceed to cleanse with my facial cleanser. (Currently using the Vichy Normaderm Gel Cleanser)
- Other times when I want to cleanse my makeup and take a shower in one go, I’ll use my cleansing oils, (Have been using Shu Uemura Porefinist Anti-shine Fresh Cleansing Oil for now) massage it into my face, & wash it off with water & face cleanser.
- And when I have extra time on hand, I like to take my own sweet time with a cleansing balm, massage it into my skin, and wipe it off with warm water and a face cloth. (My current cleansing balm is from Clarins, love it!)
- Even if I use a makeup remover, cleansing oil, or a cleansing balm, I always make sure to double cleanse, meaning I go over my skin for a second time with a facial cleanser, to get rid of all the oils, and any excess makeup that might still be clinging on for dear life.
- And in some rare cases, I’ve even triple cleansed too!
- And that’s its folks! *insert the nostalgic Looney Tunes cartoons here lol!*
- In any case if I’m too sleepy, tired, or just plain ol lazy, I just use a makeup wipe! One day of not cleaning my skin to death wont kill me. 😀
So one of the makeup removers that I picked up a while back, and one which I often use is the Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover aka “the makeup eraser”. The reason I bought this was simply because of the fact that every Sephora locally had these bottles in every corner for you to remove your makeup after you’ve swatched every single product in store.
Goodness knows I’ve used this remover countless times before I actually purchased it, and I always liked it. It was only after the 100th time of using it in store, I decided to finally buy one for myself. (See, sampling does work. #marketing101)
These eye makeup remover comes in 3 sizes, 50ml, 125ml, & in 200ml. I got the 125ml bottle since I usually use quite a bit of these. Its one of the bi-phase eye makeup remover, where the top layer is water, the bottom layer is oil, so you need to shake the bottle before using it.
Product Description: A waterproof eye makeup remover suitable for contact lens wearers and those with sensitive eyes. This do-it-all formula removes waterproof makeup and contains a lash-strengthening complex that’s rich in flavonoids and olive wood extracts. Contains HydroSenn+ which is a plant-derived ingredient exclusive to Sephora that leaves skin feeling soft and luxuriously comfortable. This product is ophthalmologist tested.
Contains HydroSenn+ which moisturizes intensely & forms a protective barrier on the skin’s surface to retain water for optimal moisture that lasts all day. Also contains Procapil® that supports natural lash growth, cornflower extract to soften and sooth the skin. & pro-vitamin B5 to support natural cell renewal and has moisturizing properties.
Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Dipotassium Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Maltodextrin, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Poloxamer 184, Hydroxycetyl Hydroxyethyl Dimonium Chloride, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, CI 61570 (Green 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, BHT. No, Parabens, Sulfates or Phthalates.
Personally, I really like this eye makeup remover, though I don’t use it in its intended purpose. I do know that its supposed to be an eye makeup remover, but I find that its great for the rest of my skin too. And thinking about it, if its gentle enough for your eyes, it should be gentle enough for your face, right? It removes makeup gently, & there’s no tugging or harsh rubbing involved at all. On top of that, it removes most of my makeup in 1 swipe. How much more could a girl ask for?
Don’t believe me? Look below. All I did was wet my cotton pad with the remover, and wiped. And to further test the efficacy, I used a few products to give for the test drive.
From the top: Laura Mercier Foundation, Topshop lipstick, pencil eyeliner, liquid eyeliner, & the Laura Mercier cream shadow stick. As you can see, most of the makeup is gone in 2 swipes!
I really do like this remover, seriously. Its cheap (RM35 yo), it works, and it works very well! The only con I can think of is the fact that it will leave an oily film on your skin after the cleansing. But since I always double cleanse, I have no issues with the oily layer. There is no detectable scent to the product, so that’s great too. Oh, and it comes with a capped bottle, and it travels easy as well.
So far, I’ve not broken out, had any issues with the remover whatsoever, & I think it’s the bees knees! ❤
Repurchase this? For sure. I can’t recommend it enough 🙂 If you’re the kind who likes a fast acting product, with minimal fiddling, this will be great. Those who don’t fancy the oily feeling left behind may not want to use this, but then again, most of us double cleanse, right? Or not?
Share your cleansing routines with me, and the products that you use to remove your makeup. I’d really love to know, so comment away!
The Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover retails for RM35/125ml at local Sephora outlets.