Hello lovely ladies,
A little confession first before we go into the post. I shop a lot. Offline, online, you name it, I probably have done it.
Now, shopping offline in Malaysia is pretty easy, we’ve got a massive malls, ranging from super high end like Gardens, Pavillion and Bangsar Village, to the lower end ones, like Sungai Wang or Times Square. And then there are those in the middle ranges, like Mid Valley and Sunway Pyramid.
Shopping online though, is a whole new chapter. You cant see the clothes properly, you cant touch them, nor can you try em on. And don’t get me started on shoes. So why even bother? Most girls would prefer walking into any mall and choosing something where they can actually see what they’re buying.
I shop online for two reasons. Number one, I hate crowds, and number 2, I don’t have a car.
The choices to shop online are amazing. PC from google!!
No car means public transportation to the malls, and its super tiring. By the time you get to the mall, half your energy is gone down the drain. And I don’t have to explain the crowds during the weekends. The amount of people is just OBSCENE. Throw in a couple of crying babies and body odour, and you’ve got yourself a massive headache.
So shopping online is probably one of the most convenient ways to buy stuff nowadays. It gets delivered right to your doorstep. every one does it. AND online clothes are way cheaper than the clothes you find in malls. But coming back to clothes and shoes. My eight top picks?
- Peep Boutique
- Phat Culture
- Nude Not
- Rara Black
I’ve personally shopped at these places, and I’ve got to say that I’m very impressed with the level of service and dedication the owners have. Some of them work till late at night, and are so patient replying to your every query and email, no matter how annoying it may be. (guilty)
Some highlights from the 8 picks I’ve listed up there.
Peep imports clothes from Supre, and we don’t have a Supre store in Malaysia. Go figure.
Phat culture has amazing designs,and a lot of the designs are work friendly. So think, appropriate length skirts, cute cardis!
Azorias is a little pricey, but their designs are one of a kind, and you don’t find them anywhere else.
Fabspy is my weakness. I love everything from there. Fits the whole boho, festival goer thing I’m trying to look like. LOL.
Temptations have cheap items that look amazing, so if you’re on a tight budget, I’d tell you all about Temptations.
Curves and Nude Not are pretty good if you’re looking for princessy dresses and stuff.
And Rara Black is just. WOW. The corsets, the dresses, most of their items are one of a kind. Always full of amazing patterns, studs and everything a fashionista can ask for.
And since I shop a lot from these places, I also have managed to build a good relationship with the owners, and some of them have even became good friends. Do you get that from shopping offline?
So here are some tips so that you can shop online fuss free with ease!
- Always, always ask for measurements, no matter what the size is on the clothes.
- Have a tape measure handy so that you can check if an item is too long, short, small or big for you.(This has saved me many times!)
- Ask a lot of questions! If the colour doesn’t seem right, ask! If the sizing seems off, ask! (especially for shoes)
- If in doubt about the pricing, have a look around other online sites, you can always find something similar, priced a little lower.
- And always window shop before purchasing anything. It can be frustrating to have bought something online only to see it priced differently at another site.
- Ask for a tracking number so that you can stalk your item until you receive it!! But most online shops are good with this nowadays.
- Confirm the order before paying. Total up delivery costs and everything else before paying. Sometimes delivery can be pricey!
- Keep records of your purchases. Screen shots of online transactions, etc.Pay smartly!!
- Pay securely. Use Paypal, CIMB Clicks, Maybank2U.
- Know the business. Buy only from websites you know and trust. Check that the company has a proper fanbase and customers before buying anything.
- And last but not least, use common sense. If you see a business that looks dodgy, stay away.
Shop Smart ladies!!
I do hope this post has been somewhat of use to you girls, and hear hear to online shopping!!!
Let me know in the comments if you have opinions, ideas, or even just to say hi to me!
Like my Facebook page here!