This is one of those posts that is really close to heart, and I ask of you, after reading this post, do support this amazing project, and submit your thoughts on it.
Whom ever you may be, you have loved ones, be it family, friends, partners, spouses, children, etc, and I want my loved ones to be safe and healthy at all times, and I believe you do too. And the thing about the world we live in now, it isn’t very safe, nor is it very healthy.
And I’m so very grateful for the people from Phillips Malaysia, who have taken the initiative to deliver meaningful innovations that make a real difference in helping people live healthier and safer lives.
What is happening right now is Phillips Malaysia is launching a nationwide campaign to allow people from all walks of life to submit their AMAZING IDEAS that will help create safer cities and healthier homes.This campaign is in collaboration with the butterflies from The Butterfly Project Malaysia, who have been supporting this project from Day 1. I’m so glad that I can call myself a member of the butterfly community, and actually put my effort into doing something for my community.
We have pledged to help Philips Malaysia to spread the word about the Philips Innovation That Matters To You contest. And since social media is the most powerful tool to spread the word, lets start spreading the message. To learn more about the Philips Innovation That Matters To You contest, do watch this video and see why I’m so enthusiastic! Now, it IS a contest, so there are amazing prizes to be won if your idea gets chosen. *see below, scroll scroll*
Here is what Phillips Malaysia has to say about the project.
“At Philips we believe people should be healthy, live well and enjoy life. We are a technology company that cares about people. We listen, discover and challenge to deliver meaningful innovation. This project underlines our commitment to deliver innovations that matter, innovations that improve the quality of people’s lives in Asia Pacific. We aim to help build sustainable and livable living and working environments, promote healthy eating habits, active aging and personal- and childcare and establishing affordable and accessible healthcare systems and effective ways to dealing with chronic diseases. We want to work together, partner with individuals, communities and other stakeholders to combine insights with expertise, technology with funding, to deliver meaningful innovation that make a real difference in helping people live healthier, happier and more fulfilling lives.”
I always hear about how the safety levels in Malaysia is getting worse, yet I see nothing being done about it, but I have so many simple ideas on how we can improve.
Where and how do I submit those awesome ideas? Here we go!
1. Log on to www.meaningfulinnovation.asia/malaysia/
2. Click on contribute your idea.
3. Choose your theme, you can choose either one, or both. Take your pick from Healthy Homes or Safer Cities. I chose safer cities cause I think safety is one of my biggest concerns as a single girl living alone. And you can submit as many ideas as you want, so go crazy. *But there are guidelines okay*
- Realistic – it must be practical to implement.
- Sustainable – it should demonstrate long term viability.
- Benefit many, not a few – the more people it benefits the better your chance of having your idea implemented.
4. Type in your idea in not more than 500 words, and submit.
5. And the awesomest, bestest, greatest ideas will be chosen!
And the prizes?? *Insert drum roll!!*
These are the awesome prizes up for grabs worth RM5000!!
Grand Prize for Winning Idea:
• 1 unit of Philips Viva Collection Airfryer (worth RM1199.00)
• 1 unit of Philips Viva Collection ME Computerized Electric Pressure Cooker (worth RM499.00)
5 Consolation Prizes for Shortlisted Entries:
• 1 unit of Philips Living Colors Bloom Black (worth RM499.00)
• 1 unit of Philips RaGa MP3 Player (worth RM169.00)
And you don’t have to think too long and hard to come up with a bombastic idea, a simple idea, that is easy and viable would do.
This is my idea =)
Now that you’ve read all about this contest, do submit you ideas, I know you must have thought/daydreamed about doing something for the community, and here is your chance. And you also stand a chance at winning the prizes!
The contest ends this 14th November, 2013, so hurry up and tell everyone you know to submit their thoughts and ideas. Also, don’t forget to share the contest on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, or whatever social media you have, and spread the word okay!
Check out what happening at #meaningfulinnovation on Facebook, Twitter @PhilipsMY and Instagram and do visit http://philips.to/innovationMY to find out more!